It is the act of paying attention to and interpreting auditory stimuli such as spoken language, music or other sounds.
It allows us to understand and connect with others, share information, learn new things and build relationships. Effective listening is essential for good communication.
When you are in touch with your own feelings and needs you are better able to regulate your emotions and respond to others in a more thoughtful and empathic.
Both involve being fully present and engaged in the present moment with non-judgement and openness.
- Give your FULL attention to the person speaking
- Show interest with body language (ie smile, eye contact)
- Empathize - try to put yourself in the person's shoes and understand their perspective
REMEMBER that NOT RESPONDING is a response sometimes.
- Reduces misunderstandings and conflicts
- Creates a sense of safety
- Leads to deeper and more meaningful connections
Liliane offers 1 on 1 guidance; Taking you on a transformational journey helping you listen to yourself by connecting to your innate wisdom, wildness and creativity.
She also offers beautiful in-person gatherings for women of all ages, providing opportunities to share your voice, to feel heard and supported.